Canadian Permanent Residency

So you think you want Canadian permanent residency. Well you’ve come to the right place. Remember that the process of applying under the Canadian Experience Class route is set to change in January 2015.

As well as the video, please see below for really helpful links that I used. The main thing to do is follow the guidelines provided for you by the CIC (


1. You need to have worked at least 30 hours a week for 12 consecutive months totalling a minimum of 1560 hours.

2. You need to make sure you job qualifies you to apply. Only managerial jobs (0) and jobs with a skill level of A and B can apply. See here for the list of jobs and their classifications (

3.You need to have passed your english test under a test agency recognised by the CIC (CELPIP or IELTS) –

4.You need police certificates for any country you have lived in over 6 continuous months.

Employee Reference Letter
This is what people often fall short on. Make sure you follow the document checklist guide to insure you include all the relevant information. Let them know you are what you say you are. Build your case! Here’s the document checklist

Here are all the forms you will need to fill out when applying for the CEC –


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s